Visit beautiful Krakow, one of the oldest cities in Poland, on a 3-night city break with a guided tour of the Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz.
- Direct flight from Dublin to Krakow
- Airport transfer to your hotel
- 3 nights in the 4* Golden Tulip City Hotel
- Based on 2 adults sharing a twin or double room, Single rooms also available upon request
- Buffet breakfast each morning
- Guided tour to Auschwitz and Birkenau
- Return transfer from your hotel to airport
- Direct flight Krakow to Dublin
- Services of a representative for coach transfers and insiders tour
- Taxes, charges, and 10kg hand luggage per person
Beginning in 1940, Nazi Germany built several concentration camps and an extermination camp in the area, which at the time was under German occupation. The Auschwitz camps were a major element in the perpetration of the Holocaust; at least 1.1 million people were killed there, of whom over 90% were Jews.
The complex consisted of three main camps: Auschwitz I, the administrative center; Auschwitz II (Birkenau), an extermination camp or Vernichtungslager; and Auschwitz III (Monowitz), a work camp.
The Polish government restored Auschwitz I and turn it into a museum honouring the victims of Nazism; Auschwitz II, where buildings were prone to decay, were preserved but not restored. Today, the Auschwitz I museum site combines elements from several periods into a single complex: for example the gas chamber at Auschwitz I (which had been converted into an air-raid shelter for the SS) was restored. The museum contains very large numbers of men’s, women’s and children’s shoes taken from their victims; also suitcases, which the deportees were encouraged to bring with them, and many household utensils.
Flight Times (Subject to change):
Dublin 0955 Krakow 1355
Krakow 1700 Dublin 1905
Hotel Golden Tulip Krakow City Center
|09 Mar 2020||€419||Book Now|
Booking RemarksInclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated above
Single room Supplement €112
Non refundable or transferable booking deposit of €100 per person
Full payment due at 10 weeks prior to departure
Optional tour to Wieliczka Saltmines can be arranged at an extra fee (call for details)
Optional Insurance from €21 (conditions apply)